sample
 Costa Rica Eco Nature Leading Tour Operator 
USA: 1 (786) 398 8653
CR: (506) 4700 7206
 
 
paypal
Click here to request more information about Costa Rica Adventure Tours hotels, and destinations.
costa rica trips

 .

 
Monteverde Coffee Tour - Cafe Monteverde    
     

The Monteverde Coffee Tour is an educational activity for visitors and allows them to get to see and understand how local coffee production works.

The participants get to visit some of the farms, the Mill and end up in the Café Monteverde Coffee Shop. During the harvest season the visitors also have the opportunity to participate and collect coffee.

Since the year 2000, Coopesanta Elena has received tourists interested in an agro-tourist experience, which has diversified the local tourism opportunities, and at the same time created new income options for the cooperative and their producers.

We invite you to enjoy real coffee experience in your stay in Monteverde

Our Coffee

Cafe' Monteverde is a "special project" coffee grown in harmony with the Cloud Forest. Established in 1989 as the first sustainable coffee project in Costa Rica, Cafe' Monteverde is the "original" 100 % pure coffee from the Monteverde region. Nestled in the cloud forest at an elevation of 3,000 - 4,000 feet, the ideal growing conditions create a great coffee that is locally grown, processed, roasted and retailed all within the Monteverde zone.

Recognized for its excellent quality, Coopesanta Elena’s coffee receives one of the highest prices in Costa Rica. Most of the coffee is classified as strictly hard bean quality, with 85% of it grown at altitudes of more than 1200 meters above sea level. 60% Coopesanta Elena’s coffee is exported as whole beans, the other 40% is roasted, packaged and sold in the local and national markets.

In 2003-2004, the coffee harvest yielded 2000 fanegas of coffee (about 100,000 kg). The volume of beans exported that year was 55,200 kg and about 90% of those beans were sold in the Fair Trade market.

Café Monteverde’s roasted coffee is extremely fresh, delivered to various points of sale in Costa Rica within three days at the most, and it is shipped within 15 days.

Our coffee achieve both fair trade an rainforest alliance eco-label vertification.

  • If this trip is not what you are looking for , tell us what kind of travel experience you need.To get started Click Here.
  • If you are interested in general information that does not relate to your trip planning click here

E-mail:info@costaricatour.com

Sales: sales1@costaricatour.com

 

 

 

 
   

 Copyright © 2016  Costa Rica Tour and Travel                                  All Rights Reserve           

                                      Links        Site Map   

  w